Blog Post Checklist
- What is the topic I want to write about?
- Why do I want to write this topic? (the reason is emotional not logical)
- What result am I expecting to get from this blog?
- Whom do I want to reach with this blog?
- How long would it take for me to finish this?
- Get 5 friends who are knowledgable about the topic to read the draft and give feedback on it.
- Try to get those friends to helpout with their Medium accounts. This includes those friends in the “Thank you” part at the bottom.
- Spend 25% on writing, 25% on editing, 50% on promoting.
- Design a GIF
- Determine SEO words (How?)
- Try to use SEO words in multiple locations including title
- Ideally the title should be between 50 and 60 characters long
- Select 5 most followers per post, appropriate tags https://mediumtags.com/
- Customize title & subtitle
- Select the right image for the blog post
- Search high follower count publications: https://toppub.xyz/
- Make sure the publication is active (Has posts in the last month)
- Find 5 publications that can be interested in this topic (Use Menapay or friends publications as a last resort)
- Search: “submission” “guidelines” “submit” “publishing” “published” in the publication search bar
- Find email or another contact method in the guidelines and submit your article to be published by them
- Some publication contact addresses:
- Hackernoon: [email protected]
- Weforum: [email protected]
- Quartz: [email protected]
- Coinmonks: [email protected]
- The Startup: [email protected] / [email protected]
- Use fake accounts to give you claps
- Ask friends to clap the blog
- Share blog in Linkedin
- Share blog in Twitter
- Write a small tweet storm summarizing
- Tag at least 10 people who can be interested & retweet the blog
- Share blog in Facebook
- Share blog in related Facebook groups
- Share blog in Hackernews if appropriate
- Share blog in Steemit if cryptorelated
- Share blog in related subreddits
- Share blog in related Whatsapp groups
- Share blog in related Telegram groups
- Post on your own personal website
- Post on bitses telegram if crypto related
- Find people who created the content you linked in your post and let them know about it
- Email people who can be interested in the blog
- Contact related media about the blog post
- Find 10 people who write about related topics and message them and ask for feedback
- Search Google for 3 different keywords and share link on all first page results in each search
- Find 5 email lists that send out content about relevant topic. Contact them about the blog.
Google: How to market my blog/blog post and then re organize this checklist.
Steal some ideas from Github Stars Checklist